I can’t understand why RTM is currently airing a multiple-part documentary about one Raja Nor Jan Shah Bin Raja Tuah who claims to be a descendant of the Sultan of Melaka and declares himself as the 44th Sultan of Melaka with a ‘reigning title’ of Sultan Ahmad Shah II. In his official blog – http://sultanmelakake44.blogspot.com, he displayed his evidence supporting his claim to the Melakan throne.
However, as an experienced genealogist, I happen to detect too much errors and false information in his blog. Thus, his evidence to support his claim to the Melakan throne is pretty much questionable. In this posting of mine, I will disclose the misleading information given by Nor Jan (if he is even a real Raja)
- The mother of Sultan Muzaffar Shah of Perak (Marhum Tanah Abang) is Onang Kuning; NOT Tun Kecil!
- Tun Fatimah is a daughter of Bendahara Tun Mutahir; NOT Bendahara Tun Ali!
- Tun Fatimah was married to Tun Ali (son of Seri Nara Diraja)
- Raja Inu is a male; not a female! He is known with his post-humus title Marhum Sallehul Iman. This Raja Inu had a son named Raja Chulan. This Raja Chulan later ascended the Perak throne as Sultan Shahabuddin Riayat Shah.
- The photo seen here is NOT of Sultan Jaafar Muazzam Shah. It’s the photo of Sultan Idris Murshidul Azam Shah. The post-humus title of Sultan Jaafar Muazzam Shah is NOT Habibullah but Waliullah!
- The father of the present DYAM Raja Di Hilir is Almarhum Raja Muda Musa who died in 1983; NOT 1906! The photo shown in the diagram as Raja Muda Musa (father to the present Raja Di Hilir) is the photo of Sultan Abdul Aziz; NOT Raja Muda Musa! Even worse, Sultan Abdul Aziz is not the son of Raja Bendahara Alang Iskandar. He is the son of Almarhum Raja Muda Musa Ibni Almarhum Sultan Jaafar Muazzam Shah who died in 1906!
- Sultan Abdullah Muhammad Shah II is not the son of Raja Bendahara Alang Iskandar. He is the son of Sultan Jaafar Muazzam Shah!
- Almarhum Sultan Idris Shah II was not given the post-humus title of Rahmatullah. His post-humus title is Affifullah!
The above is the “evidence” from Nor Jan’s blog showing his ancestry based on a chapter from the book – Tempat-tempat Bersejarah Perak by N.A. Halim. Now, let us compare the actual wordings from the book:
We can clearly see that Nor Jan has purposely added his side of the story as if it was actually written in the book. The words “Bukan Raja Pandak Abdul Rahman” in brackets were added and the name Raja Pandak Abdul Rahman was deliberately changed to Raja Alang Abdul Rahman!
We know that he is a descendant of one Raja Alang Abdul Rahman. But, there is no evidence that could support the fact that this Raja Alang Abdul Rahman is a son of Sultan Abdullah Muhammad Shah I of Perak. To make his claim valid, he intentionally changed the name Pandak to Alang! To the readers out there, Pandak and Alang denotes the sibling order / ranking of a person. To prove that Sultan Abdullah Muhammad Shah I of Perak had a son named Raja Pandak and NOT Raja Alang, we should consult the manuscript Salasilah Raja-Raja Perak. And of course, I have a copy of the manuscript which I will share below:
…Sayah adik Raja Andak itu Raja Jelusul mati lagi kanak2. Adapun Baginda Sultan Abdullah Muhammad Shah, Raja Perempuan itu berputera empat orang tiga laki2 seorang perempuan maka yang perempuan itu berputera di dalam kerajaan Raja Budak Rasul gelarannya dipanggil2 Raja Mandak itulah puteranya yang bongsu. Adapun putera Baginda yang tua hidupnya itu Raja Yusuf namanya dan Raja Pandak dan Raja Sulaiman…
Here we can clearly see that the manuscript says that the Sultan Abdullah Muhammad Shah I had issue 4 children – 3 sons and 1 daughter. The daughter’s name is Raja Mandak whose title is Raja Budak Rasul and the daughter is the youngest of the four. The manuscript also further states that the Sultan’s sons are Raja Yusuf followed by Raja Pandak and Raja Sulaiman.
There’s no Raja Alang in this list! If there exist a Raja Alang as a child of this Sultan Abdullah Muhammad Shah, this child did not survive adulthood as the manuscript states only the 4 children survived to adulthood!
So my dear Nor Jan, what are you actually trying to do? You can’t even provide a reliable evidence of your lineage to the Melakan Sultanate and yet you want to claim the throne of Melaka? About the Regalia, can you prove that you inherited the Regalia from your ancestors without fail? or perhaps the Regalia was stolen by you or one of your ancestors? or perhaps you or one of your ancestors won the Regalia over a poker table?
My advice to you, just stop it! There are many Rajas in Malaysia who are more eligible to claim the throne of Melaka than you as they can prove their lineage to the last Sultan of Melaka.
To all readers out there, let this posting be an enlightenment to you on the individual known as Nor Jan the Liar.